Sunday, August 28, 2011

I've already forgotten it !

DB's comment that we will remember the game for a while doesn't apply to me. I've already forgotten it, but what I won't forget in a hurry is the pain and sadness that this season has already ended. It's been a bugger of a year, shortened season, interrupted by continual rain, very little training and every we time we just started playing well, more interruptions. Yesterday was one of the days that no matter how much I wanted it, and just how much I tried I couldn't put my mark on the game. I'm sorry for being so quiet after the game, but I was gutted, I so wanted to be playing next weekend.
However on the positive side, what I will never forget is the continual joy I get from playing with such a great team of guys, very few ill words and lots of positive reinforcement. The fond memories of captaining our team will always be with me. But, we already need to look forward to next year and our lineup. As part of that, you need a new on field leader, someone who can inspire from the front, I've been very proud to be captain but it's time for somebody new, as my devotion is needed elsewhere.

Regards Hat

3 comments:

  1. You did a great jod Hat. So too Crowy. The Beer Bitch was ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey noticed the match report disappeared quickly. Too many idiots adding comments? I'm bummed that I was away but thanks for mentioning me in the report.As a group of friends we have more pressing issues than a game , supporting Hat & Rosie has been paramount in our minds.I can honestly say that I have never been involved with such a tight bunch of friends. Wether we say or express emotion it is different for everyone but as a unit we are tight. As I said before we are a band of brothers.I am proud of this team but prouder still of our relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Are we doing this again???