Thursday, August 26, 2010

Is Pete our Admiral Ackbar ? Star Wars- Our New Hope.

Most of us are definitely of the age to appreciate the Bankers match report in Star Wars style. It set me thinking, OK to have all these heroes, Yoda, Obi Wan, Skywalker , Solo etc , but what about the brains behind the outfit?

In reading Wookiepedia about the Star Wars, I was reminded of that classical strategic genius, Admiral Akbar who was the Supreme Commander of the Alliance Fleet. Our Relics version is surely Pete and when I read that Akbar was a Mon Calamari ,who as a people are described : "they were known for a near-legendary quality of being both determined as well as dedicated. This meant that once a Mon Calamari decided on a course of action, they were not easily swayed from that decision. As such, they had a great deal of enthusiasm and spirit which was often masked by their quiet, orderly exterior. " Pete to a T !

Then when I saw the picture I knew Pete was Mon Calamarian!!


13 comments:

  1. I'm sure you meant this as a compliment, hey Capt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course its a compliment. Besides the many positive qualities that Pete shares with those listed, as seen as I saw the photo I knew for sure. I've seen Pete on his back verandah wearing a suit just like that!! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akbar is better looking!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. My species ( Yes Akbar is better looking ) can stare at you with their right eye and it can mean a challenge to fight or an expression of love, no wonder Clighal ( Lorraine) is confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clighal confused!!...I think we'll just stay on your left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually looks a bit like Statue walking around the pub at Shoal Bay last year...just before Ramon took his butt cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you know this Posh, but ( no pun ), lucky Posh, Statue is in her BFF's room at end of season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Statue "not anonymos"August 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM

    I'm affended, posh is always picking on me, i'm always the BUT of her jokes, when the truth is she should have stood up and protected me. given ramon a good smak with her high heels. not left the toe to do the job. I'm going to a higher authority. the DARK side have been trying to temp me. whats the "guys" name?? DARTH?? The clubs top council are looking on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Posh did give a good smak, haven't you worked it out yet why you are always the BUT of her jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this subject is no longer funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made me laugh, least we are talking about something that maybe won't get us on the wrong side of the club.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i might look like that after keeping the esky at my side for 3 games , dont worry vic i dont drink vb

    ReplyDelete

Are we doing this again???