Monday, August 23, 2010

Captains Comment- Take Two- Relics Hold your Heads High.

Whilst not retracting from my previous post match comments, which weren't written in the heat of the moment, but after careful consideration, I'll submit a match review. I have read none of the comments about my other post and don't intend to. Magnetic north shifts, and compasses need to be aligned to true north, the same applies to moral compasses, and any reassessment is welcome.
Yesterday we were beaten 3-2 by a team of very good footballers, who have earned their current second spot, and proved it by twice coming back over the weekend from 2-0 down, the mark of a very good side. As Relics we proved we are good enough to match it with the best, having scored 5 goals over the weekend against two top four sides. Our defence, attack and midfield were all superb yesterday.

Due to injuries and absences, many of us were forced to play outside of our accustomed positions, yet played them well. Pete's rejigging of the setup to suit our respective opponents is working very well. Yes there were many scrambles in defence but no soft goals. Pullos free kick was a ripper, worth travelling to see. But also worth travelling to see was the way each of us stuck to our guns and played football, despite our tiredness from a tough win the day before. Our midfield worked their bums off against a very talented team, the forwards looked (and proved) dangerous and the defence was organised, frenetic and tough.

I'm proud of each of you and look forward to continuing the good form into the match against the Fossils next weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I saw Cap's first post and the one anonymous reply from the other 45 team. ( probably wiser to stay anonymous )I thought it was quite good however as a team of predominately ex 1st graders I expected them to play like that rather than the rough play from some players that started when they were two goals down.Not all the players played like this but unfortunately you are part of that team.Some of your players left the game without shaking hands whether it be from embarrassment,anger at our team or disappointment at your own team who knows. I suggest you read the match report from the previous time that we played and look at how we shared a beer together then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know one thing. I'm knocked around today. Very big effort by you all over the weekend.

    If some finds out how rob is could you email

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi guys nothing broken just badly bruised chest out of game against the fossils , like to thank every one on sunday for the help

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're OK, but I think we may have to change your name from Wreckingball to something more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a player but a supporter & I agree with what Captain hat posted first but not only is sportsmanship dead but so is freedom of speech dead. Caps first post should have been left up for all to read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played in that game against the relics, it was a tough and competitive battle. I know that I was on the receiving end of some vicious and petty sledging. We played hard but so did u!!. When all is said and done only two yellows in the whole game,both teams have have played far rougher games this year. Maybe we all should grow up and remember we represent the same club. For the record, I only know of one player who refused to shake hands and he wasn't on our side, I know this because i saw it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What no report from the other 45's! (whatever they call themselves this week ) I had a whole range of articles to bring up however my other half suggested I hold back regarding sledging vs dirty play,other club thoughts on the other team and what spectators on the side line told me after the game.I'm saddened that Cap's initial report isn't up there & the anonymous reply as they are both pertinent & should be read by all players,managers & coaches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man Mountain said...

    I suggest that everyone stop having a bitch fit! and after the game on Saturday we all sit down and have a friendly drink together :)

    P.S. For F--k Sake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree 100% with Man Mountain. Lets roll the tossils on Saturday and enjoy a beer together after the game.

    ReplyDelete

Are we doing this again???